Thursday, October 11, 2007

new for you

words i said.

i've said things i didn't mean
my words turn to dust
and in my lungs the air is stale
my voice shakes of rust.
for footprints and friends i've left behind
my pride, i hug it close
maybe one day my words did exist
a shadow of a ghost.
i wish my words were more like anchors
taking territory in fields of thought
not stumbling though the thickest forests
getting ravenous and lost


cowboy.

sandpaper skin that could cut through steel
his lead shadow weighs half a ton
stance like a mountian, immovable
a stare like a smoking gun
a mass of rock and metal
in the form of a man
a scarred but never broken frame
having only enough life as he can

(too bad you couldnt see the attempt at a cowboy i drew in my notes for this one^^)
hope you enjoy them

1 comment:

karen said...

you have no idea how excited i was to find this! i mean... i'm too busy for blogger.

jk... for real i am looking forward to sitting down and reading all your stuff hopefully later this week if i get a little more free time! love you!