Thursday, June 28, 2007

possibly another song??

i really dont know these days

the smell of smoke,
its wrapped itself around all my clothes
i said i'd leave by midnight, but who knows
i layed my inhibitions by the door.
it's not a lot,
this barely conscious confidence, but its all i got
two hours time and im sure i'll have forgot
how predictable i once was.
with all these drinks,
i cant help but be susceptible to think
any chance i had was poured down the sink
until i heard it, that song you always sing.
on the ride home,
you asked me where we should go
so we just drove down that long road
not knowing what's next, but not wanting to know.
my hands were cold,
and them, you didnt have to hold
but my worn out gloves, they had their holes
and your hands, they seem to fit the mold.

No comments: