Friday, July 6, 2007

somewhere, someday

its small, this window
but i stare out of it everyday
so many wonders on the other side
and i pray everything will be okay
my fingers grip the window sill
and hours later in asleep against the pane
don't try to tear me away from here
i wouldnt mind, if one day i do go insane
its a risk im willing to take
ive made myself comfortable, here in the light
but even better, i must confess
are the sights and sounds at night
the symphonies of nightingales
dance around my ears on the air
free from pens that cage them in
with a beauty unrivaled and rare
and the dreams i get, oh the dreams
could fill a library full of books
i tried to steal your heart before
but turned out to be a lousy crook
alas, i sit idle at this window
still dreaming of the days to be
is there still a hope for love that lasts
somewhere, someday, for you and me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you write really differently than you speak?