Tuesday, July 17, 2007

two for the price of one

your hands are warm and fit like gloves
your smile full of sheep, your eyes are doves
ive had many dreams of you, for honesty's sake
for i slept but my heart was awake!
hear my words, there is nothing more devout
your name is like perfume poured out
words do not suffice to pay homage to your name
it is a bursting through the dam, or like that mighty flame
but there's no rush, no need for me to quicken what transpires
do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.


you might recognize some of the lines in this one, they are from Song of Songs. one of my fav books to read, i must say.


the veins in my hand are pumping because of you
without you here i would be a statue
the words in my mouth are only there because you exist
and the thoughts behind them cannot be dismissed
the pen in my hand only writes to please you
i needed something to hold these words together and you're the glue.
my heart beats only to songs about you
burns me up with a feeling i couldn't have construed
my eyes adore only because you are a vision to behold
before i could not see, but you have removed my blindfold
my ears hear only because you have music in your words
sweeter than the honey-coated melody of the songbirds


i took a piece i wrote awhile ago and warped it and extended it, and cleaned it up a bit, if i do say so myself.

No comments: